Thursday, April 22, 2010

NFL draft 2010

One of the best 2-day stretches (well now 3-day stretches) of the year ...the annual collegiate football draft. Millions of folks scour the internet weeks and months before the draft reading the thousands of mock drafts from the so called experts. I, like those millions, can't get enough. I love it ..I admit it, I am an NFL draft junkie. Mel Kiper and Todd McShay are two guys I'd love to grab a burger with.

If all falls according to plan, Sam Bradford will be a St. Louis Ram, Ndamukong Suh a Detroit Lion, and Gerald McCoy a Tampa Bay Buc. What happens starting with the Redskins at #4 overall is where the debate begins. For those Patriot fans out there, who is the best fit at #22? If Sergio Kindle and Dez Bryant are both on the board, what does Bill do? If I'm running the war room (and god knows I'd love to), I would be torn. 49% of me says grab Dez Bryant, wide receiver from Oklahoma State ...a new toy for Tom terrific - albeit one with question marks. 51% of me says go defensive with stud outside linebacker Sergio Kindle from Texas.

The Super Bowl years featured a dominant defense and an adequate offense. To get back to that level, Bill needs to continue his defensive rebuilding project. The offense needs work as well ..WR, RB, TE ...however these are positions that can be focused on in the later rounds. Kindle would provide much needed boost to the pass rush. He provides alot of what Willie McGinest used to feature during his golden days. Sergio Kindle is the safe pick. He ensures ultimate value for the Patriots. Dez Bryant will be tough to pass up and I'm glad, at the end of the day, I don't have to make the actual decision. It sure would be exciting ...the next Randy Moss for Tom Brady. One thing's for sure here ..this is an important draft for the New England Patriots. There must be alot of hits and very few misses.

No comments:

Post a Comment